Marcel is for sale!!!
Hi. We are selling our beloved skoolie ! If you are interested, you will find all the information about the bus down here. Please give us a call if you have further questions.
Why are we selling?
We are selling our converted school bus since our road trip around USA and Canada is coming to an end. We have been on the road for a year now and it is time for us to move towards new adventures. We’ll be heading back to Europe.
Did we build it ourselves?
We built every single piece of our skoolie. We have put all our love, energy and money into it. The bus has been designed to live autonomously, off-the-grid, in the wild for more than 2 weeks and provide enough electricity and water. We built a state of the art tiny house on wheels. Also we designed our skoolie to be modular so you can live comfortably when you are four inside and host friends or family wherever you are.
What are the factory specifications?
- International Thomas Built from 1988 (around 11-13 MPG)
- Navistar DT 466 engine rebuilt 20,000 miles ago (changed pistons, chambers and heads)
- Allison MT 643 transmission with less than 25,000 miles on it
- 36 feet long (+3 ft. with the carrier), 10’ 6” high
- Dog nose
- VIN number: 1HVLPZ5N1KH632375
Our bus has served all of its previous life in California school districts around Sacramento where we bought it. It has no rust at all. The engine is amazingly clean. And every mechanic who had a look at it said that it was running like a charm.
The bus is already registered as an RV. The Californian registration is good until January 2020. And Insurance costs are the same than any other RV. We are at Good Sam’s right now, AllState is another option.
What are the RV specifications?
- Sleeps 4 persons: with a queen size bed in the bedroom and a convertible couch in the front of the bus (the couch converts into a bed within 2 minutes)
- Modular bar/table that allows 2 or 6 persons to eat depending on the setup
- Full setup kitchen with 3 burners, a good size oven for pizzas and cakes
- Shower with seating, and shower sink
- Exterior shower for afternoons at the beach or for dogs
- Bathroom with composting toilets and pee diverter: no smell, easy to dispose.
- A shoe rack at the entrance
- Marine Clarion bluetooth stereo and speakers
- 2x boxes/seats with storage inside
- 2x Tolix counter stools from France
- 100 Cu. Ft. of storage in the trunk
- Hidden storage for security
- 4x screens, Reflectix windshield and door covers
- Fully insulated with spray foam for a better comfort inside
Inside you have everything you need for a comfy living. This is a real home. The bus includes a lot of storage everywhere: under the couch, under the seats, inside the armrests.
What appliances do we have inside?
- A low-energy EdgeStar washer and dryer (2.0 Cu. Ft.) works on solar
- A 2-way propane and 110V Dometic fridge (3 Cu. Ft.) works on solar
- Excel propane tankless ventless water heater 1.6 gpm
- Propane Suburban 15,000 BTU furnace with thermostat ( takes 5 minutes to warm up the bus in cold weather)
What solar setup did we install?
- 500 Ah Vmax AGM battery bank (4 x 12V/125Ah, 6,000 Wh)
- 1,120 Watts Renogy solar panels (4 x 280W, 17% efficiency, Monochrystalline)
- Midnite 150SL Charge Controller with digital remote display on the dashboard
- AIMS 3,000 Watts inverter and smart charger with digital remote display on the dashboard
During the last year we never had to plug to shore power. The solar has always provided enough electricity, even late October in Quebec with dark clouds for a week.
What add-ons did we install on the exterior?
- Underbody storage boxes behind the rear axle: one 48” long and one 30” long
- Class IV tow hitch welded on the frame: can tow cars up to (10,000 pounds) and carry a heavy motorcycle
- Motorcycle rack with ramp suitable for 500 pounds motorcycle (carried a KTM 950 for 15,000 miles)
- 30 gallons propane tank attached on the frame: needs filling up every 2 months when full time use ($40 and 5 minutes only needed at any AmeriGas for a refill)
- 2x 100 gallons water tanks: one clear and one grey (15 minutes needed for a refill depending on the flow of water) with analog level display inside the bus
- 2x 14” Heng’s vents: one in the bedroom and one over the couch
- Shore power 30 Amp outlet
What maintenance have we done recently?
- Air governor replaced, oil changed and bus greased in August, the 12th
- 2x brand new batteries installed in July
- Air dryer service done in June
- 2x new front tires changed 15,000 miles ago
- 2x new tires on the right side of the rear axle changed 17,000 miles ago
The bus is basically good to go for 4,000 miles until the next oil change. There is absolutely no maintenance required in the next year. We have taken extra care of Marcel !
- Asking $63,000 OBO
- Ready to sell tomorrow
- Phone number: +1-415-858-4831
- International DT466 rebuilt engine 20,000 miles ago
- State of the art setup, modular and confortable with all the RV hook-ups
- Full solar installation with 6,000 Wh battery bank and 1,200 Watts solar panels
- 2x 100 gallons water tanks for clear and grey water, 29.3 gallons propane tank
- Built-in composting toilet with pee diverted to the grey tank, convertible couch
- Furnace, 2-way fridge, 3 burning stove, oven, combo washer-dryer, exterior shower
- Tow hitch class IV with reinforced and stabilized motorcycle carrier up to 600 lbs
- New tires, new batteries, oil changed less than 500 miles ago
- Mileage: 11-13 MPG
- Dimensions: 36′ x 7′ 8″ x 10′ 6″
- Registered as an RV in the state of California